“A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions.” – Anonymous
PREPARING FOR THE TESTING CHALLENGE—PSAT, SAT, & ACT
The Learning Lab provides test prep services in one-to-one and small group environments. Work to improve scores is most effective when a diagnostic test is used to reveal both baseline scores and test-taking behavior. Each student’s program will be customized to suit his or her needs. We believe that the only way we can truly help a test-taker improve his or her score is by getting to know the student, his or her test-taking behavior, and by understanding the test very well. The Learning Lab strives to be the best at all three of these angles.
Our test prep approach for all tests combines content review and strategic training so that students understand thoroughly what is being tested upon and how. We work with each student to develop his or her ‘plan’ so that the test day goes smoothly and confidence is high.
Personalized SAT/ACT Test Prep & SAT-I Prep:
- 24 hours of personalized instruction designed to meet each student’s needs
- Includes actual SAT-I Pre- and Post-Tests with Scoring & Interpretation
- SAT-I test-taking strategies, sentence completion, passage-based reading, vocabulary development, the essay, identifying sentence errors, and improving sentences/paragraphs
Personalized ACT Prep
- 20 hours of personalized instruction designed to meet each student’s needs
- Includes actual ACT Pre- and Post-Tests with Scoring and Interpretation
- English, Reading, Math, and Science Reasoning
- Reviews, along with ACT test-taking strategies